Friday, March 4, 2016

Big Hero 6: From the Silver Screen to the TV Screen

I am SUPER excited that Big Hero 6 is getting it's own TV show on Disney Channel, especially from the same group that worked to create Kim Possible. As a self-proclaimed comic book nerd, I know that Disney channel will have quite a bit of material to create interesting episodes. I am even happier because it will mark a change in diversity in some of the cartoon females on the channel, but then again Disney has always seemed to do better with role models of color on their shows than in their movies.

Another point of interest(happiness) for me is that how Big Hero 6 may work to help children understand other emotions that they deal with on an everyday basis, much like Inside Out has done. In addition, it may also work to help children, as well as some pre-teens, recognize that mental illnesses are just as serious as physical ones.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, I had no idea it was being made into a TV show! This is awesome, especially since they are the same team that did “Kim Possible”! I loved that show growing up. I think the part of “Kim Possible” that I liked the most was that she was a super cool girl that basically spied for a hobby. I wanted to be her when I was growing up. I love that Disney shows that girls can succeed in industries previously thought to be predominantly male.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I watched this movie for the first time a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Growing up "Kim Possible" was one of my favorites and I never missed an episode, I even had a weird magnetic version of her stuck to my fridge(it might still be there). I think it would be great for children to have a show like that to look forward to every week.

    ReplyDelete