Friday, March 25, 2016

Technology Win for the Week

The other day I spilled soda all over my sheets and pillow case on my bed, so I had to throw them in the laundry to get the stains out. I went down to the laundry room and noticed that every single washer was taken up by what seemed to be one girl's clothes. The worst part was that all of the washers had no time left on them, so her clothes were just sitting in them taking up space. I don't like to mess with other peoples' clothes, so I began to try to think of a way that I could remedy this situation. I decided to post about it on YikYak in an attempt to get the attention of the owner of the clothes. Miraculously, I checked the laundry room 20 minutes later and all of the clothes had been moved to the dryer. Either it was dumb luck, or the washer hog saw my post and decided to free up the washers for me. If it was the latter, then technology really helped me out in an unexpected way this week.

4 comments:

  1. That's one positive thing about Yik Yak. One night my hall way was really loud and my roommate posted something on Yik Yak and the hall way actually got quiet. That is part of the reason why I love that Yik Yak posts are anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Yik Yak the same way! If someone is being really loud on my floor I post about it on Yik Yak and either an RA deals with it or the people realize they've been loud and fix their behavior. It's really nice to use because some people don't react well to people "telling them what to do" unless it's an RA who has the authority to cite them for a disturbance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a much better use of yik yak than what most people use it for. If more used it like this I feel like it would be much more friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This post and these comments are so interesting. Yik Yak helps get stuff done (albeit a bit passive-aggressively).

    ReplyDelete