Friday, March 25, 2016

Preview of Project Data

On Wednesday I started collecting data for the project. This is what I found, 4 posts about sex, 9 posts about compliments, 29 posts about school, one post that was mean, 47 posts of miscellaneous, 5 about relationships, and 8 about advice or questions. I will go more into detail about how many Yaks I record a day on average and the Yaks I have screen shotted to prove my data. I try to take a screen shot of at least one example for each category I saw. As I went along recording data I added two more categories because they were fairly popular which are advice/question and relationship. Otherwise, the misc would have been significantly larger and no one wants to look at a graph where more than 50% of your data is recorded as "Miscellaneous" but I still can't find more categories or another way to make the miscellaneous smaller because a lot of Yaks didn't make sense or had pointless rambling or something about diner that night. I would like to point out that my goal is to find the good instead of the bad in Yik Yak and the bad section only has 1% which is one person. I am really proud to see that as a University on Wednesday we were pretty nice. I also decided that I will only spend one week recording data on Yik Yak instead of two weeks because it will give me more time to complete the papers and side work for the project or I will continuously be changing data and altering papers based on new information.

Let me know what you think or if you have anything to add.

1 comment:

  1. This is really great. I knew that Shepherd had mostly positive Yaks, but I did not expect that there would be only one negative one!

    ReplyDelete