Friday, March 18, 2016

Yik Yak

For the final project I was thinking about using Yik Yak to complete the project. In our readings last week a couple students said they used Yik Yak as a positive source for their campus. What I wanted to do was look at the posts on Yik Yak to see if our campus is doing and if we are not to see how we are really using it the most. I wanted to break down the Yak's into categories like hookups, food, hateful posts, nice posts, and miscellaneous.  What do you guys think of this idea? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea. For this to work you will have to use those alternative research methods we read in “Everyone’s an Author”. I think this could really be good for Yik Yak’s reputation, because I fully believe that it helps all of us, for the better; I think the positives of Yik Yak outweigh the negatives. I like how you want to break the categories up as well. You could turn it into statistics and that would greatly help your argument for either side of what you choose to argue. I really think you stick with this idea. I, for one, would really like to know where this data leads.

    ReplyDelete