Thursday, March 10, 2016

Following Music

Light post to round out the week before break...

Out of all the negatives technology brings, I think that there is one positive that really has some feats. Through social media, blogs, articles, and different subscriptions through email, I have the ability to hear about my favorite bands in such a short timespan. Not only that, but I can also find new bands to look into through suggested posts and things of that sort. Whether I am scrolling through Tumblr or checking my email, I typically come across an update on at least one of the music groups I follow. To throw in an anecdote, a few weeks ago I received an email about the Lumineers releasing a new album (which, by the way, will probably be wonderful).



If it weren't for this email, who knows when I would've found out? I don't shop all that often, so I wouldn't have seen an ad in a store or something. Technology saves the day for me, yet again. Not to mention that all of these bands that I keep track of are listened to through technological devices such as my iPhone and MacBook. Music is an everyday feature in my life, and therefore technology will continue to be as well. Although, somedays records are preferred, and my phone and computer go out the window...

4 comments:

  1. That is a true statement, technology does help in that way. I fallow all of my favorite actors, musicians, authors, book series, and TV shows through various social media outlets. Without them, I wouldn’t get to know half the things I know about them, because I also don’t shop all that much and I don’t have a TV. Google Alert is my best friend when it comes to these things as well, because it takes so much time to flip through post after post to find information on a specific person, group, or work, but Google Alert sends an email right to you, taking away the hassle of flipping through all that and also sends you all the news about what’s happening with that particular topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you. I LOVE that I get emails from Ticketmaster, Bandsintown, and the 9:30 Club notifying me of upcoming shows and concerts. I especially love Bandsintown because I can track the specific bands I really like and be notified when they're going to be playing a show in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology allows for the spread of music at a faster rate than ever before. Whenever one of my favorite artists release a new album, I hear about it in less than a week. I'm notified either by either social media or one of my friends with similar musical interests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah: I agree with all of this. In the past few months, for instance, social media has told me about upcoming concerts I want to attend, has allowed me to help crowd-source-fun a new artist, and has introduced me to songs I wouldn't have heard without it.

    Also, just because it's worth noting: I sometimes sing my own version of "Big Parade" by the Lumineers to my still-kind-of-feral little cat. She remains unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete