Friday, March 25, 2016

Technical Difficulties

So I know I complain on here a lot, especially about sleep, but today's gripe is about technology. At work today, my manager sent me a link to a training activity that I need to complete soon. I followed the link only for it to redirect and reload the site in an endless loop. I attempted to go to the site on Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Chrome. None of the browsers were able to let me access the link. My supervisor had me try two other computers, which still left my attempts unsuccessful. We decided that I had to call our tech support to resolve my issue. The first call I made went well. I gave him my computer number in order for him to gain remote access to my computer. He and I worked together attempting to find what was causing the issue. We both couldn't figure out what was the issue. His last ditch advice was to log off and walk away for 15 minutes and call IT back if I still had issues, which I did. The second call I made sent me to this woman who treated me rudely because she thought I had no clue what I was talking about. The whole I was treated like I was a lesser person all because I could not solve my issue without outside help. After being on the phone with her for an hour, I was told I needed to call HR to solve my computer issues. After the third and last call I sent out, I had wasted 3 hours and didn't get anything solved.

I find this whole ordeal frustrating and amusing. It is amusing because even with two people whose jobs are to know how to solve such issues could not find any way to solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment