Friday, March 11, 2016

Snapchat

Snapchat seems like its a social media that will never get you in trouble. Recently I learned that snapchat is not an app that does what it was originally made for. Snapchat was originally made so that any picture that was taken would be deleted right after it was opened by the person whom it was sent to. However, I learned that snapchats are saved in an archive that can be accessed by anyone. The reason why it can be accessed by anyone it because of a contract that everyone agree's to when updating the app in iTunes. The scary reality of this new update is that no picture you send is EVER erased, so never send a picture that could be incriminating. There is apparently new hacking technology that allows all fraternities and sororities to track and view all pictures sent in snapchat. Even by sending a private picture to one person, the picture isn't really private at all. Even those personal private pictures that you send, aren't private at all.

3 comments:

  1. Really? That is a bit scary. I do not like the idea of people looking at my pictures I send on there. I have a tendency to send the ugliest pictures of myself to my best friends but I don't want anyone else see those...I use Snapchat because the pictures seem to only last for only a little amount of times. Thank you for informing me of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. Can you link to the source that discussed this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. People should know that when they share a picture of the Internet, no matter how private they think it is, the picture stays out there. Once something is online, there is no telling how many people can access it and where it will end up.

    ReplyDelete