Friday, March 4, 2016

Is there an art to social media?

Something that I never really understood was how people our age manage to get thousands of followers on social media. Like in my high school, girls would have hundreds on hundreds of likes on their Instagram photos from people that they don’t even know. And their posts aren’t even that interesting. A lot of people would assume that they show a lot of cleavage or make sensual faces or something, but in actuality they are just posting typical teen-girl posts.


So is there an art to social media? Because people who put a lot of effort into their posts could get like thirty likes, where other people just upload a picture of their face with no effort and get feedback from hundreds of people. There is next to no balance in the social media world. There are unspoken techniques to get more likes and comments that must be shared amongst those that become “Instagram famous,” and they definitely aren’t telling us…

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I have never understood how people get like 800-1000+ followers even if they're 'normal' like us. I had like 500 friends on Facebook one time and panicked and deleted everyone but like 100 people. I don't know the concept of social media is kind of scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a close friend who gets hundreds of likes on her Instagram pictures. She told me she post's her pictures during specific time frames and on a certain day of the week in order to get more likes. She also will choose different emoji's or inspirational quotes to get more likes. I feel like going to all of that trouble takes away from the purpose of even posting something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good subject for a research project! What is the "art" of it all?

    ReplyDelete