Friday, April 22, 2016

A Reflection on English 102

I decided that for my last blog post, I wanted to rip off Casey's previous blog and reflect on our time together during English 102 this semester. I'm not super shy or anti-social, but I'm also not a social butterfly, and I really liked that I was able to feel so comfortable in this class (which is rare for me). In most of my other classes, especially my political science classes, I tend to not like most of my classmates, and I often just feel distanced from my classmates.

In English 102, however, I truly did feel comfortable in the class, and like I could say something and no one would hate me for it. It always felt like a safe, comfortable place to discuss ideas and express myself, without having to be apologetic about it. I wanted to thank all of you for making the classroom feel like such a comfortable place, and making English 102 a class that I actually looked forward to attending. So in addition to learning in class about writing and rhetoric, I'm happy I got to learn about all of you and all the different personalities we had in class. It really was a fun, constructive class to be a part of.

P.S. Extra props to Professor Hanrahan for putting up with us. You the real MVP. (insert fist-bump emoji)

1 comment:

  1. Right back at you all. This was a fun class with a great group of students.

    ReplyDelete