Friday, April 1, 2016

For my paper, I'll be writing about how technology can cause distractions throughout the writing process. I am referring to texting, social media, television, and such technologies as "distractions." I know that for me it is sometimes difficult to stay entirely focused on an assignment if I have my phone close by. Worse off, if I am typing a paper and have Google Chrome at my fingertips, it becomes too easy to just open up the browser and end up scrolling through Tumblr.

I was hoping that some of you would share some of your stories and experiences with how technology has affected your writing, especially since we came to college. Whether or not it acts as a distraction for you? Or maybe even if a professor's use of technology has been a distraction during class?

Here's a link to one of the sources I found for this assignment. It's got some pretty interesting stuff that I think you guys might like to read through!

Thanks in advance for any comments/help!

2 comments:

  1. I get really distracted whenever I have to write a paper. One time I held my boyfriend's phone charger hostage instead of writing a paper. I took the time to write a ransom note and come up with creative "proof of life" pictures for each day he didn't meet the ransom. Usually instead of doing what I am supposed to do I am texting, snapchatting, or playing a pointless game on my phone. Technology does cause a distraction, but even without technology I get distracted., one time I cleaned my room and kitchen just to avoid doing a paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a student in Colombia, I became really good friends with two girls named Luisa and Ana Maria. The three of us ended up becoming attached at the hip, and we always helped each other with our assignments (we were all poli sic students). The problem is that we would constantly message each other on our group Whatsapp chat, and would distract each other when we were trying to do our homework.

    ReplyDelete