Friday, April 8, 2016

Pesticide Spray



I have lived in the same house my whole life (19 years). There is one orchard in front of my house and one beside of my house. As everyone knows, orchards spray pesticides into the air to protect the fruit. When I was a little kid my Mother would yell outside and make me come inside when the orchards began to spray. I never understood why my Mom did this, but a few days ago I learned why. I’m taking Environmental Science and I have learned so many things about the dangers of pesticides. When I told my teacher that most days I would play outside while the orchards were spraying he made a funny face that made me worry. He then jokingly said, “Wow, that explains a lot”. I started to really worry about my health and especially the health of my two dogs. My family has a well that is located right next to the orchard and that really made my professor stress. Now I wonder if maybe my family is being poisoned or if maybe it effected my dogs health.

3 comments:

  1. I live next to an orchard as well, but the pesticides they use are not poisonous and I know that the fruit is safe to eat after about 30mins. Maybe you should contact the orchard and mention that the pesticides they use are causing health problems for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sucks man. It could explain why your dog’s got sick. I think that it’s really bad that they spray pesticides when they know that you live right there. You should definitely have your water’s Ph. level tested to see if it’s where it should be. Also you need to run a tox-screen on it to see if the chemicals are harmful to humans.

    ReplyDelete