Friday, April 22, 2016

"Rollable" Screens: The Future of Technology?

While browsing around on social media this week I came across this video that was shared on my feed and I thought it was really interesting how our technology has developed in the last ten years. In short, the video talks about new TV and smartphone screens that can be rolled up or bent without being broken. Apple has already bought rights to the products themselves, but I'm thinking that these really won't catch on in the market. The curved TV screen as well as 3D TV's aren't really bought because in most ways, they are impractical. The curved screens may be good for those looking at it head-on, but for those who are to the side of the room it becomes hard, almost impossible, to see what's happening.

That being said, much like how every Apple object ever seems to sell despite the inflated costs, I think that it's possible that some people may want to buy the new roll-able TV's to brag about the really expensive TV they have that no one else does, much like the Apple Watch. Now, my clear disdain for the bourgeoisie aside, what do you guys think about this?

2 comments: