Friday, April 22, 2016

Long Term Friendship

I have this friend named Ellie. She has been my best friend since second grade. Without technology we would never still be friends. In fifth grade she transferred to private school. She had all new friends and I felt left out. She would Skype me once a week and even when she was wit her new friends. Meeting her friends made me feel great. I knew who she was talking about when she would talk about them.
Throughout middle school we continued to spend the summers together on family vacations or by going to camp together. In high school we grew distant, spending less time with each other. But every time we called or texted each other we would catch back up. Ellie is a life long friend. Thanks to technology I know that we will always be able to stay in touch. I hope that one day our kids can be friends with each other no matter where we are living. 
I usually complain about technology, but this is one of the reasons why I am really thankful for technology.
Thank you all for an amazing 102 class this semester! (:

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see someone talking about the good aspects of technology. I have tried to throughout the semester, but my post for today was kind of anti-technology.

    ReplyDelete