Friday, April 15, 2016

Rain Rain


In my essay, I have been looking at the positives technology has for sleep, primarily apps. My favorite type of app helpful for sleep is sound machines. These apps produce noises to relax and soothe the downloader to a restful sleep, if you couldn't tell by the app type. Some of these apps even lead meditation to put you to sleep. Most play sounds from nature like a crackling fire, rain, wind, or a running river. One app I found and love is called Rain Rain which has a unique library of sounds including rain, as title obviously implies, and sounds that Tim Gostony, the app’s creator, picked himself that he thought would be easy to fall asleep listening to, such as a washing machine, ceiling fan, dehumidifier, or ticking clock. The app also has a selection of animal noises to choose from like frogs, crickets, and other animals you often hear during the night. What I like most about the app is that you can mix and layer three of the sounds from the library in the app. I actually am glad I found this app because now I can fall asleep each night to a thunderstorm, one of my favorite things to fall asleep to.

1 comment:

  1. This app is actually so wonderful. I use it pretty often to help me sleep. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing, so people looking for a super modern app that's fancy shmancy won't like it too much, but it's free and has many positives! People should definitely give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete