Friday, April 8, 2016

Shoutout to technology for saving my weekend

As I mentioned in class, my dad is coming to visit this weekend! I wasn't really sure what to plan in order for us to not just sit around in my dorm or something (typically weekend, after-work behavior). So, naturally, I relied on technology. I searched around for things to do and places to eat. I looked up times for movies. I even went as far as using the weather app to determine whether we should do something outside or not (the answer was not, because winter is apparently making a comeback). Today, while dad used the gps on his iPhone to get here, I used my phone to call him to check in on his location. Our weekend will go much more smoothly because of technology. I am able to know the moment he arrives as well as to plan out what we can do for the duration of his stay.

(By the way, I think we are going to see the newest Divergent movie at the theater tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know if it's worth it or not! That is, if you're interested.)

Do you guys have any stories of when technology helped you to create ease in your everyday lives? I'm sure you do, but we just don't realize how much of a luxury tech is until it is given a little thought.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely: it has helped me make all sorts of plans--finding tickets, finding places to eat, places to shop, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology definitely helps me out everyday, even in the smallest ways. When I need to know what time I have to go in for work I just look online. Sometimes the website doesn't work and I have a mini moment of panic before I realize that I can just call in a ask. Either way, technology definitely helps crate ease in my life everyday.

    ReplyDelete