Friday, April 15, 2016

Apple watch

For my birthday my boyfriend got me an Apple Watch. I have wanted one since they came out. Well he took me shopping one day and acted like he wanted one for himself. Since he knew I knew a lot about the watch he kept asking me what I think would be the best. The whole time he was trying to figure out what I really wanted if I were to get one. Overall, I really like the watch. Anything that shows up on my phone will come through on my watch and keep me alerted on all the up-to-date notifications from my apps. However, I can already feel myself being way more connected than I used to be. For example, I didn't have my phone on me for a period of time yesterday and my watch was plugged in charging. I walked downstairs to help my dad and I heard my phone go off and I thought, "It's okay I don't need to get my phone my watch will show me what it was." Right as I thought that I realized that I didn't have my watch and for the first time I felt bare. Like I was completely disconnected. While it is nice to have the luxury of an Apple Watch it also keeps you way more in touch than just having a phone.

4 comments:

  1. I've always been interested in the Apple Watches, they seem like a good way to keep connected, but I can see where that can become a problem after awhile. I feel like I would start to rely on technology a lot more if I were connected every second of the day. I'd still like to have one for a day or so, just to see what they are like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that being connected isn't, necessarily, a bad thing. But technology needs to be moderated. Always being connected 247/365 could make you forget what life is like when you stop to smell the roses (forgive me for saying such a cliché.) When your connected all the time you loose focus of what's around you. You become consumed with a need to know what's happening in the world but you never stop to participate in the reality of the present, the here and now. I think things like the apple watch are cool, of course I do, but it should be used in moderation. Like, if you're going on a camping trip, put a ban on phones. That's what my family does. There's nothing like the feeling of exploring forests and rivers without the interruption of the outside world. Because the world will still be there when we get back. But the time I get with my family is not nearly as ecstensive. The memories I make with my family are more important than the current news in Bosnia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first heard about the Apple Watches, I thought they would only really be popular with businessmen and such people. I suppose I assumed this because, more often than not, business people stay as connected and up to date as possible. But hey, now a lot of "everyday" people have them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always really wanted an apple watch. They seem really cool. You can text and listen to music and have pictures. But I like my alone time. I like to not always have my phone on me and the apple watch seems like it would be a big distraction for me.

    ReplyDelete