Friday, April 1, 2016

My petty post

Recently my Mother set me up on a date with a guy that she met while he was waiting on tables at The Green Turtle. Since I'm single and since I figured any date that my Mom set up would most likely be safe, I decided to give it a shot. So this guy, we can call Him Bob, found me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. He then requested to follow me. Obviously I followed him back so that I could stalk his profile's. I found out that he went to WVU (and was in a frat) and from his profile I could assume that he either dropped out, or failed out. This was the first bad sign. Next he messaged me on Instagram DM's and we chatted. Later he asked for my number and I gave it to him. Over the course of the next few weeks we texted back and forth basically all day and night. It was kind of obnoxious, but it is always exciting to get to know a new person, so I went along with it. Finally he asked me on a date. He asked me to go to dinner with him, but when he figured out that driving to Shepherd would take him an hour he asked to meet me somewhere else for dinner. I agreed, and met him in Hagerstown to have a sushi date. Another red flag, he wouldn't make eye contact with me, then he continued to talk about every ex-girlfriend he ever had. I was a little annoyed but I tried to stay optimistic. After dinner was over he insisted that I go back to his house with him and meet his dogs. Right away I said no because this was literally the first time I had ever met him. So we got ice cream instead. While walking into the ice-cream place his head searched around as if he was looking for someone he knew. This was yet another sign. Still I stayed positive and tried my best to not judge (although he was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans and I was wearing a nice sweater). The date ended and we said goodbye. He leaned in for a kiss, but I said "I don't kiss on the first date". I got out of his car, into mine, and then headed back to Shepherd. I was nervous that Bob didn't like me since I wasn't really myself on our date, so I texted him and apologized. He texted me back and asked me to go to DC with him this Saturday. So thinking that he liked me I asked him to go to the Delta Zeta banquet with me. However, things started to go terribly wrong this whole week. He wouldn't reply to me although he had time to tweet and snap chat. I was trying not to read into things but I began to feel really nervous. The rest of the week continued this pattern. He wouldn't even send me his emergency contact information and birthday, so that I could take him to this banquet with me. Then last night I told my Mom on the phone that I was going to cancel going to DC with him since I hadn't heard from him at all. Then this morning I received a text form him saying that he couldn't go to DC because he was busy and something school related had come up. Then an hour later he double texted me apologizing for being busy this week. I replied and said that I understood and that I would be extremely busy these next few weeks of school and he never replied back. So I got ditched before I could do the ditching and I told my Mom it hurt even though I had planned on canceling just the same. So here I am, still single, I follow the same routine everyday, and now I don't have a date to banquet either. I WILL NEVER DATE SOMEONE MY MOM HOOKS ME UP WITH.

3 comments:

  1. This guy sounds awful from start to finish. I probably wouldn't have went out with him at all after the talked about his ex-girlfriend's the whole time. Plus he just seems like a rude guy who was purposely ignoring you, so it's probably a good thing it didn't work out between you guys. Sorry you got ditched before you could do the ditching though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice thought of your mother, but at the same time I feel as though this is your business and you should be able to do this by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. A great mini-rant. And your mom maybe owes you one.

    ReplyDelete