Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Snow Day: Socialization?

I never understood the obsession with Instagram. With this podcast, I might understand Turkle's opinion about technology. I could not ever be able to deal with spending all my free time scrolling down a phone screen liking photos and commenting my obligatory comments. I am not sure if my distaste for this subject is because I am older or before this time, or because I think that the need of others to comment on a photo of me telling me that I am "gorg" is self-centered and narcissistic. I understand that Instagram is a way to converse nowadays, but the lack of words makes me wonder if Cushing is actually right about how technology is a way of socializing. They do not actually vary their conversations. The limited vocabulary and shortage of actual conversation. I hate that I agree with Turkle, but this constant use of Instagram is absurd in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Another person begrudgingly agreeing with Turkle! That cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete