Friday, January 29, 2016

Technology Gives You a Voice

Over this lovely break, I spent a decent amount of time with my family who were snowed in with me. Unfortunately, my little sister and dad were sick. Because of this I now have completely lost my voice, which was wonderful for rehearsal for the plays I'm in. Luckily for me, I have my cellphone in order to communicate with anyone I need to. Instead of being able to get my parents' attention by talking to them, now I have to text them. This reminded me of the fact that there are people who use their phones to talk. Mute people often need to use an app to communicate to those who do not know how to use sign language, like this one. Text to speech and speech to text help makes communication easier for those who do not have the means to communicate with everyone around them. Luckily for me, my voice will come back over a couple of days.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that technology gives a voice to those who wouldn’t otherwise have one. It seems that we tend to forget this simple fact when we get into debates about Technology VS Social Interaction. I know I do anyway. Sometimes I forget that people like Steven Hawking couldn’t be seen for their own genius if we didn’t have the technology we have today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that technology gives a voice to those who wouldn’t otherwise have one. It seems that we tend to forget this simple fact when we get into debates about Technology VS Social Interaction. I know I do anyway. Sometimes I forget that people like Steven Hawking couldn’t be seen for their own genius if we didn’t have the technology we have today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people today overlook how beneficial technology is to us as a whole, if it can give someone a voice how can people be against it?

    ReplyDelete