Friday, January 15, 2016

My Thoughts on Jennifer Lawrence

The article that BuzzFeed article that was posted about Jennifer Lawrence and the reporter, at the Golden Globes, is, in my opinion, ridiculous. The comments and the percentage of people who thought she was just being rude to the reporter really shocked me, it made me take another look at the whole situation to see if I was maybe missing something the other people clearly saw. What the article didn't do is make me change my stance on the issue, which is that she wasn't being rude, just wanting a certain level of respect from the reporters. I think that it is necessary for reporters to have their phones with them throughout interview, but their phones should not be the their main priority. A lot of people have argued that the reporter in this incident was using his phone for translation, but that can't be proven to us and that fact alone can lead to skepticism. Another fact that had me staying on Jennifer Lawrence side is when the reporter got the name of the award show wrong. It's clear that the reporter may not have been ready for this interview, so then maybe the company he works for should have sent someone else in his place. I think that Jennifer Lawrence was just trying to be her usual quirky self while trying to make a serious point to this reporter and everyone else: That you can't live your life behind your phone. No matter what stance people decide to take on this incident they should definitely listen to the point she is trying to make and think about how it reflects on their own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment