Friday, January 22, 2016

My Thoughts on the Meme



Earlier today, Dr. Hanrahan posted this meme on the blog. She stated that she was tired of seeing things like this, and I agree with her fully. No person can tell another person that they do not appreciate technology when they don't know that person's inner feelings. Something so expansive and prevalent in our society can be appreciated in countless different ways. I don't need to experience older forms of technology to appreciate the fact that I can call my mother from three states away anytime I want so that she can make sure that I am safe. The authors of this meme sound pretentious and pessimistic. They seem to think that not having access to technology in their youth makes them better or smarter than the youth of today. In reality, this meme just makes the authors look like a bunch of grumpy old men.

No comments:

Post a Comment