Thursday, January 28, 2016

Will we ever understand other generations?

Everyday teens are lectured by the elder generation to get off our phones. "Go get some fresh air!" "Be productive or something!" When will we hear the end of it, honestly... Generation after generation, life is lived differently. Life just so happens to be developing a whole lot quicker than it did even when our parents were kiddos. Sure, we have so much technology that we don't know what to do with it, but that doesn't mean we are inept in other aspects. I have been agitated for so long now with those who tell me to get my face out of my phone for a hot second, as if they know what I am doing.  They tell us that we are less considerate, less unaware of the world. But in all actuality, the world is at our fingertips by all means of the phrase.

I love the elderly and all the stories and wise advice that they have to share, but what is different between them getting together in a coffee shop and reading the newspaper and us reading the news on the internet?

With that said, rant over. Enjoy this photo of someone's grandpa.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, and I have had so many conversations with my own parents where they always say that teenagers and kids growing up as millennials don't know how to entertain themselves without a smartphone or computer. Now, I have seen that this can be true, but I feel like older generations are quick to make a snap judgement on teenagers that are on their phones in public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your post. Every generation some new form off technology comes out and almost alway the generation before that is scared to use it and thinks their old ways are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Especially when I feel like half the adults I know are more glued to Facebook (and their habit of sharing really silly posts) than most of us are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like both generations could learn from each other, sometimes it is better to put the phones down for a second. People should enjoy the world around them, but phones give you access to every piece of information at the touch of your fingertips. Phones can be used as a tool to expand your knowledge, yet they also can be used to waste time however you like.

    ReplyDelete