Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snowmageddon: The Trend of Comraderie for Workers, Students, and Parents

One of the things that I have noticed over these past two snow days is the trend on Facebook and Instagram of posting 'snowy day' pics, as well as who has some of the most snow outside of their own house. People have been sharing memes, posts, and other photos in order to express their happiness for having the day off (if they had to work), hopes and prayers for schools to continue cancellations (I have very little faith in Shepherd), or bitterness or incredulity over having to continue to go into work during dangerous conditions. I also observed the per-storm posts, and how people either took two sides on the upcoming storm. Some chose the "rather safe than sorry" approach and decided to hunker down and prepare early for a larger storm (I chose this option and decided to stay home). Others decided to have the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach and braved going out to school or work until they saw snow begin to form. I posted a position on Facebook about how I felt about what I perceived as negligent safety precautions on behalf of Shepherd, and immediately received a response in the negative for my comment. I did not perceive her comment as a form of cyber-bullying or an attack in any way, but what are your thoughts?
 

1 comment:

  1. I can't see the images. Can you try to re-post them? I am so intrigued. :)

    ReplyDelete