Friday, February 26, 2016

"Bad Texting"

I wonder if anyone else has this problem? You are texting someone and their texts are just a little short. So you start thinking, what if they are mad or upset. Well, i hate to say it, but I am the person on the other side. I have been told I am a "bad texter." Now the reason I am like this is not that I have something against a person when texting. I cannot get into texting that well. I either try to give my all in a conversation and state something wrong and my message is received badly, or I do not put that effort in and then people think that I am being short with them, or that I am upset. This has always been my problem. My reason for  why I am a "bad texter" is that I cannot portray the emotion and feelings that come with verbal or face-to-face communication. I use my hands and I articulate many points that I would miss if I just type it. Just a thought, what are your opinions?

1 comment:

  1. I personally don't really like to have texting conversations with someone that I have the availability to meet with in person, but I will definitely put effort into a text conversation with a friend that is living across the country or attending a different school or whatever the distance circumstance may be. Although, my friends here at Shep complain that I either take too long to reply or my replies are short. But aren't texts meant to just get the short point across? I dunno; people expect a lot from us now that we have that tie of constant connection.

    ReplyDelete