Friday, February 26, 2016

LLAMAS

Okay, I wasn't really sure at all what I wanted to write about this week, so I started to browse around on the Internet to try to find some inspiration. Eventually I came to this. Please, I beg of you, to take the time to read the entire article.


I've never particularly liked "pointless" news stories, but this is amazing. Through technology, I was able to watch this video and laugh (for an embarrassingly long time) at llamas making human lives hell. Not only was it popular for an afternoon or so, but it's freaking anniversary was recognized. The two llamas' story went viral overnight and ended up becoming entirely too (yet necessarily) popular. Gifs and tweets and ridiculous photos have been made of them over their time of fame. They even have a dang fanbase.

llama escape

There are definitely lots of downfalls of technology, but this is not one of them.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post-I think because we're constantly debating whether or not technology severs or strengthens connections we forget sometimes how the simplest things-like humans chasing llamas, can help make someone's day better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been a year. This was a great story. Another favorite of mine? The IKEA monkey. This one also has a good ending. https://www.vice.com/read/the-ikea-monkey-three-years-on-heres-what-hes-up-to-now-601

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing at this. I hadn't heard of this story or seen this gif before. This is great.

    ReplyDelete