Friday, February 19, 2016

Do We Live Around Technology?

Technology seems to literally be the thing that wakes me up in the morning. The alarm on my phone is the only thing that will wake me up, and my phone is the only way I can tell time. Watches have become more of a fashion statement than a device to tell time, as many people prefer to glance at a phone screen instead. Many watches also have a digital display, making it even easier for people to look at the time. Do we save time from simplistic inventions such as a digital watch screen or are we dumbing ourselves down? Either could be the answer depending on perspective, but we are indeed spending more time on technology regardless of the pros and cons. This blog says that “every piece of technology in our possession…takes up precious time.” It goes on to name three big culprits that take up time, being smartphones, computers, and tablets. I have spent many hours on all of these devices, as many other people do, however I am hoping that we can learn to use our time more efficiently than what we do now. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, however, I actually do wear a watch because I like to look at the time on a clock not an electronic clock. Its sort of a traditional thing that my family members all do. Every one in my family wears a watch, and we all use them.

    ReplyDelete