Friday, February 26, 2016

Long Distance Can Work

Long distance relationships are something that works differently for every couple. Sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't. One thing that is true about it is that the relationship really does rely on technology, for the most part, to keep them connected. My sister met her husband in college and he was a couple years ahead of her in school. He's originally from England and came over to the US for a soccer scholarship. In their case if they wanted to stay together they had to make long distance dating work, and it was even harder for them because of the time difference.


I had always been skeptical of long distance dating, but seeing it actually work out first hand made me rethink my opinion. Long distance relationships are hard but they aren’t impossible. I think that if the couple truly makes an effort in the relationship that it has a great chance of working out. Technology play a key role in the relationship whether they want it to or not. It helps couples stay in touch and see each other, no matter how large the distance is.

1 comment:

  1. I was always the person that was against long-distance relationships because I swore up and down they couldn't work, and then when I was a senior, I started dating a guy I had met in Colombia while on vacation. We dated for a year and a half, and for the first year, we only got to see each other once for 4 weeks when he came to visit me for Christmas.

    Something I don't like about long-distance, though, is how intense the relationship tends to be, since each person sort of has to cling to the other more than they normally would in order to keep the connection strong.

    ReplyDelete